- Most ethical and legal issues in computer system are in the area of individual’s right to privacy versus the greater good of a larger entity i.e. a company or a society. For example, tracking how employees use computers, crowd surveillance, managing customer profiles, tracking a person’s travel with passport and so on. A key concept in resolving this issues is to find out, what is a person’s expectation of privacy. Classically, the ethical issues in security system are classified into following 4 categories:
- Privacy: This deals with the right of an individual to control personal information. It is the protection of personal or sensitive information. Privacy is subjective. Different people have different ideas of what privacy is and how much privacy they will trade for safety or convenience.
- Accuracy: This talks about the responsibility for the authenticity, fidelity an accuracy of the information.
- Property: This determines who the owner of the information is and who controls access.
- Accessibility: This deals with the issue of the type of information, an organization has the right to collect. And in that situation, it also expects to know the measures which will safeguard against any unforeseen eventualities.
- When dealing with legal issues, we need to remember that there is hierarchy of regulatory bodies that govern the legality of information security. The hierarchy can be roughly described as follows:
- International: e.g. International Cybercrime Treaty
- Federal: e.g. FERPA, GLB, HIPAA
- State: e.g. UCITA, SB 1386 etc.
- Organization: e.g. Computer Use policy
Chirag Deora, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, bscit notes, bscit notes for mumbai university, network security notes, network security notes for tybscit semester 5, network security practicals, RC4 Algorithm, tybscit semester 5 practicals, 0
RC4was designed by Ron Rivest. It is based on stream cipher i.e. the encryption & decryption happens byte by...
Chirag Deora, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, download bscit notes of Mumbai University, mumbai university tybscit practical free download, network security notes for tybscit semester 5, network security practicals, Poly alphabetic Cipher, tybscit network security notes, 0
The Poly-Alphabetic cipher is also an example of substitution cipher which uses multiple one-character keys. In the program we...
Chirag Deora, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, bscit notes, Caesor Cipher in Network Security tybscit Semester 5, download bscit notes of Mumbai University, network security notes, network security notes for tybscit semester 5, network security practicals, 0
The following example explains Caesar Cipher in Network Security and its implementation. Click here to download the PDF
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, Authentication in network security, network security notes, tybscit network security Authentication, 0
Authentication mechanism helps to establish proof of identity. This process ensures that origin of an electronic document or message...
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, network security notes, Symmetric and Asymmetric key cryptography together, Symmetric and Asymmetric key cryptography together in network security, tybscit network security, tybscit network security Symmetric and Asymmetric key cryptography together, 0
Indeed, in practice, symmetric-key cryptography and asymmetric-key cryptography are combined to have a very efficient security solution. The way...
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, Integrity in network security, network security notes, tybscit network security Integrity, 0
When content of message change after sending the message by sender but before receiver receive it then we can...
Green Computing Book
C++ Interview Questions
- Advance Java (15)
- Advance Sql (8)
- ASP.NET with C# (16)
- Computer Graphics (3)
- Cyber Law (22)
- Digital Electronics 16-17 (2)
- Fybscit Semester 1 (1)
- FYBSCIT Semester 1 Question Bank (2)
- Fybscit Semester 2 (1)
- Imperative Programming (6)
- Linux Administration (3)
- Unit 1 (3)
- Network Security (33)
- News (40)
- Posts (1)
- Professional Communication Skills (2)
- Project (1)
- Project Management (1)
- Software Testing (1)
- Tybscit Question Papers (11)
- TYBSCIT Semester 5 Question Paper and Solution November 2017 (C75:25)
- TYBSCIT Semester 5 Exam Dates of October 2017 CBSGS 75:25 Postponed
- Tybscit Semester 5 Question Paper & Solutions November 2016 (75:25)
- FYBSCIT Semester 1 Question Paper & Solutions – October 2016 (75:25)
- FYBSCIT Semester 2 Question Paper & Solutions – March 2017