- Most ethical and legal issues in computer system are in the area of individual’s right to privacy versus the greater good of a larger entity i.e. a company or a society. For example, tracking how employees use computers, crowd surveillance, managing customer profiles, tracking a person’s travel with passport and so on. A key concept in resolving this issues is to find out, what is a person’s expectation of privacy. Classically, the ethical issues in security system are classified into following 4 categories:
- Privacy: This deals with the right of an individual to control personal information. It is the protection of personal or sensitive information. Privacy is subjective. Different people have different ideas of what privacy is and how much privacy they will trade for safety or convenience.
- Accuracy: This talks about the responsibility for the authenticity, fidelity an accuracy of the information.
- Property: This determines who the owner of the information is and who controls access.
- Accessibility: This deals with the issue of the type of information, an organization has the right to collect. And in that situation, it also expects to know the measures which will safeguard against any unforeseen eventualities.
- When dealing with legal issues, we need to remember that there is hierarchy of regulatory bodies that govern the legality of information security. The hierarchy can be roughly described as follows:
- International: e.g. International Cybercrime Treaty
- Federal: e.g. FERPA, GLB, HIPAA
- State: e.g. UCITA, SB 1386 etc.
- Organization: e.g. Computer Use policy
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, modified version of Caesar Cipher, modified version of Caesar Cipher in network security, network security notes, tybscit network security modified version of Caesar Cipher, 0
We all know in Caesar cipher we replace each alphabet with other alphabet which is 3 positions down the...
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, different types of viruses, network security notes, notes for tybscit, viruses in network security, 0
Parasitic Virus:- his is the most common form of virus. Such a virus attaches itself to executable files and...
Chirag Deora, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, bscit notes for mumbai university, download bscit notes of Mumbai University, Implement RSA algorithm, network security notes, tybscit semester 5 practicals, 0
Click Here to download the PDF
Shahnuma, , Network Security, asymmetric key cryptgraphy, Difference between symmetric-key cryptography and asymmetric-key cryptography, network security notes, symmetric key cryptography, 0
Keys distribution in each technique Symmetric-key: It only needs one key to encrypt and decrypt the message. Both user...
Chirag Deora, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, bscit notes, download bscit notes of Mumbai University, Mono alphabetic cipher in Network Security, network security notes, network security notes for tybscit semester 5, network security practicals, 0
Mono-Alphabetic cipher also known relies on a fixed replacement structure. In this technique each alphabet in the plain text...
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, Authentication in network security, network security notes, tybscit network security Authentication, 0
Authentication mechanism helps to establish proof of identity. This process ensures that origin of an electronic document or message...
Green Computing Book
C++ Interview Questions
- Advance Java (15)
- Advance Sql (8)
- ASP.NET with C# (16)
- Computer Graphics (3)
- Cyber Law (22)
- Digital Electronics 16-17 (2)
- Fybscit Semester 1 (1)
- FYBSCIT Semester 1 Question Bank (2)
- Fybscit Semester 2 (1)
- Imperative Programming (6)
- Linux Administration (3)
- Unit 1 (3)
- Network Security (33)
- News (40)
- Posts (1)
- Professional Communication Skills (2)
- Project (1)
- Project Management (1)
- Software Testing (1)
- Tybscit Question Papers (11)
- TYBSCIT Semester 5 Question Paper and Solution November 2017 (C75:25)
- TYBSCIT Semester 5 Exam Dates of October 2017 CBSGS 75:25 Postponed
- Tybscit Semester 5 Question Paper & Solutions November 2016 (75:25)
- FYBSCIT Semester 1 Question Paper & Solutions – October 2016 (75:25)
- FYBSCIT Semester 2 Question Paper & Solutions – March 2017