Rail fence cipher
The rail-fence technique is an example of transposition technique. It uses a simple algorithm. Steps for rail-fence cipher are as follow.
- Write down the plain text message as a sequence of diagonals.
- Read the plain text written in step 1 , row wise.
- Let’s see example of rail-fence cipher. Suppose plain text is MY BSC IT if we perform rail-fence cipher operation on this text it will be coded as MBCTYSI.
- It involves writing plain text in a daigonal sequence and then reading it row by row to produce cipher text.
- It is quite clear that this technique is simple for cryptanalyst to break into.