- Most ethical and legal issues in computer system are in the area of individual’s right to privacy versus the greater good of a larger entity i.e. a company or a society. For example, tracking how employees use computers, crowd surveillance, managing customer profiles, tracking a person’s travel with passport and so on. A key concept in resolving this issues is to find out, what is a person’s expectation of privacy. Classically, the ethical issues in security system are classified into following 4 categories:
- Privacy: This deals with the right of an individual to control personal information. It is the protection of personal or sensitive information. Privacy is subjective. Different people have different ideas of what privacy is and how much privacy they will trade for safety or convenience.
- Accuracy: This talks about the responsibility for the authenticity, fidelity an accuracy of the information.
- Property: This determines who the owner of the information is and who controls access.
- Accessibility: This deals with the issue of the type of information, an organization has the right to collect. And in that situation, it also expects to know the measures which will safeguard against any unforeseen eventualities.
- When dealing with legal issues, we need to remember that there is hierarchy of regulatory bodies that govern the legality of information security. The hierarchy can be roughly described as follows:
- International: e.g. International Cybercrime Treaty
- Federal: e.g. FERPA, GLB, HIPAA
- State: e.g. UCITA, SB 1386 etc.
- Organization: e.g. Computer Use policy
Chirag Deora, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, blowfish algorithm, bscit notes, bscit notes for mumbai university, download advanced java practical tybscit of mumbai university, network security notes, network security notes for tybscit semester 5, network security practicals, tybscit semester 5 practicals, 0
BlowFish was developed by Bruce Schneier. Blowfish is a symmetric block cipher.It encrypts 64 bit block with variable-length key,...
Shahnuma, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, download bscit notes of Mumbai University, Multiple Columnar Transposition Technique, network security notes, network security notes for tybscit semester 5, Simple columnar transposition technique, 0
Multiple columnar transposition technique (i.e simple columnar with multiple rounds) To improve basic Simple columnar transposition technique, we can...
Chirag Deora, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, bscit notes, Caesor Cipher in Network Security tybscit Semester 5, download bscit notes of Mumbai University, network security notes, network security notes for tybscit semester 5, network security practicals, 0
The following example explains Caesar Cipher in Network Security and its implementation. Click here to download the PDF
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, network security notes, tybscit network security types of criminal attacks, types of criminal attacks in network security, 0
Fraud:- Modern fraud attacks concentrate on manipulating some aspects of electronic currency, credit cards, electronic stock certificates, checks, letters...
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, different types of viruses, network security notes, notes for tybscit, viruses in network security, 0
Parasitic Virus:- his is the most common form of virus. Such a virus attaches itself to executable files and...
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, DNS Spoofing, explain DNS Spoofing, Explain Pharming, network security notes, tybscit network security, tybscit network security DNS spoofing, tybscit network security Pharming, 0
DNS spoofing also known as pharming attack. As we know, using the Domain Name System (DNS), people can identify...
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, network security notes, Non-repudiation, Non-repudiation in network security, tybscit network security Non-repudiation, 0
There are situation where a user sends a message, and later on refuses that he had sent that message...
Shahnuma, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, network security notes, Rail Fence, Rail Fence Algorithm, Rail Fence Algorithm in network security, tybscit network security, tybscit network security Rail Fence Algorithm, 0
Rail fence cipher The rail-fence technique is an example of transposition technique. It uses a simple algorithm. Steps...
Green Computing Book
C++ Interview Questions
- Advance Java (15)
- Advance Sql (8)
- ASP.NET with C# (16)
- Computer Graphics (3)
- Cyber Law (22)
- Digital Electronics 16-17 (2)
- Fybscit Semester 1 (1)
- FYBSCIT Semester 1 Question Bank (2)
- Fybscit Semester 2 (1)
- Imperative Programming (6)
- Linux Administration (3)
- Unit 1 (3)
- Network Security (33)
- News (40)
- Posts (1)
- Professional Communication Skills (2)
- Project (1)
- Project Management (1)
- Software Testing (1)
- Tybscit Question Papers (11)
- TYBSCIT Semester 5 Question Paper and Solution November 2017 (C75:25)
- TYBSCIT Semester 5 Exam Dates of October 2017 CBSGS 75:25 Postponed
- Tybscit Semester 5 Question Paper & Solutions November 2016 (75:25)
- FYBSCIT Semester 1 Question Paper & Solutions – October 2016 (75:25)
- FYBSCIT Semester 2 Question Paper & Solutions – March 2017