- What is Operating System? Discuss its role in computer system.
- What is batch processing and time sharing operating system?
- Discuss the generations of operating system.
- What do you mean by assembler and compiler? Give an example of each.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of an Operating System..
- What is batch processing and multi processing operating system?
- What do you mean by compiler and interpreter? Give an example of each.
- What are the different types of system call?
- Write down any ten MS DOS commands with its syntax.
- What is Kernel? Discus any one type of it
- Discuss the architecture of an Operating system.
- Discuss client server architecture.
- Discuss various types of OS.
- What do you mean by a process in OS?
- What is PCB?
- What is Process state? Describe various process states.
- What is Inter Process Communication?
- Define Race Condition.
- Discuss Peterson’s Solution for Critical Section.
- Write a short note on Dinning Philosophers’ problem.
- What is IPC Problem?
- What do you mean by Deadlock? Discuss ways to avoid deadlock.
- Discuss Resource allocation graph and its relation with deadlock.
- What is process scheduling? Discuss FCFS.
- Discuss scheduling in batch system.
- What are schedulers?
- Find out waiting time and Finish time for following using SJF preemptive algorithm.
Process Burst time
- Explain the concept of Paging.
- What is a page table? discuss two level page table.
- Write a short note on Virtual memory.
- What is demand paging?
- What do you mean by page replacement? Discuss FIFO.
- Discuss LRU.(Page replacement method.
- What is memory management?
- What do you mean by segmentation?
- What are the various operation that could be performed on a file?
- What do you mean by a file? Discuss its various attributes.
- What is a directory? Discuss various operation that could be performed on it.
- Discuss directory structure.
- Discuss Linked list File allocation methods in brief.
- Discuss NFS.
- Describe MS-DOS File system structure.
- Discuss Unix v7 File structure.
- Explain RAID structure.
- What is a deadlock?
- Discuss how performance of a system is affected by I/O interface.
- Discuss memory mapped I/O devices.
- what do you mean by D.M.A.(Direct Memory Access)
- What do you understand by an interrupt?
- Write a short note on interrupt handler.
- Discuss the structure of a hard Disk with the help of a diagram.
- Discuss RAID structure.
- Write a short note on clock in OS.
- Discuss strategies to avoid deadlock.
- What is resource allocation graph and its role in detecting Deadlock?
- Write a note on Type I and Type II hypervisor.
- What do you mean by Virtualization?
- Discuss memory virtualization.
- What are the advantages of Virtualization?
- What is cloud computing? Discuss its characteristics.
- What is virtualization? What is the difference between full virtualization and para-virtualization?
- What is the difference between a pure hypervisor and a pure kernel.
- What do you mean by Virtual appliances? Give any two examples.
- Write a short note on Multiprocessor Operating System.
- Define RPC.
- What is distributed system? Describe its characteristics
- Write a brief note on the development of UNIX Operating System.
- Compare the file system of Linux and MS. Windows 10
- Write a short note on Android Architecture.
- discuss architecture of LINUX
- Describe kernel structure of linux with the help of diagram.
- Describe process management in Windows.
- Discuss Memory management of Linux.
- Discuss Processes in Linux.
- Discuss memory management in Windows operating system.
- Write a short note on NTFS.
- Discuss security management in Windows operating System