.Net provides two type of code environment i.e.
- Managed Code
- Un-managed Code
- Managed Code is the code which is written as per the application domain.
- The code written in the domain are faster.
- The code following the rules of .Net Framework are termed as Managed Code
- The code in managed environment are directly executed by CLR (Common Language Runtime).
- Code which is written in outside the .NET Framework is known as un-managed code.
- Code which does not follow CLR (Common Language Runtime) such as written in C++ are determined under un-managed code.
- Code written in VB, ASP & COM are examples of the same.
- Un-managed code can be unmanaged source code or unmanaged compile code.
- These code are executed with wrapper classes.